Long time no see dear friends...it's been quite a while since our last post. We all know it's not indicated to sit in front of a computer when the weather outside is beautiful. This summer was very busy for us. First, we had a guest here in Copenhagen, then we spent 2 weeks in Bucharest and finally: the real holiday in Mallorca, for 2 beautiful weeks. Mallorca, situated in Mediteranean Sea, is the largest island of Balearic archipelago, belonging to Spain. This island is a very popular holiday destination among British, German and Scandinavian tourists.
Is there anything you should know about Mallorca, before booking your flight and a hotel room? Of course, there are many things you have to keep in mind while planning your trip, especially if it will be in summer. Is not just about packing your stuff, it is also about doing your homework and research every detail of your trip. Not something that we did very well though :-). Research is the key of an extraordinary holiday.
Few details you can't miss:
1) The prices are higher than in extra-season
2) All the places in Mallorca are crowded in the summer time and I mean...really crowded.
3) It's really hot there
4) If you are a big fan of hiking and nature, be prepared to walk for miles
5) If you like English language more than German, than google for the resorts on the English-speaking side of the island (like, for example, Port de Pollenca, where we have stayed for 14 days)
6) There are so many beautiful places that cannot be reached by bus
7) If you are interested in a particular bus route, don't forget to check its timetable. You might have an unpleasant surprise if you don't do it
8) Avoid the taxi drivers, they will rip you off
9) Not always the best restaurants in tripadvisor are really good. We were disappointed by some of them
10) If you are looking for minimalist scenes...well, Mallorca and summer is not the proper combo
The first image in this post is a beautiful rural scene, very close to Port de Pollenca. We captured it at the end of an evening hike to Cala Boquer. Bales of hay, foggy mountains, sunset..it was a bit of everything.
The second image is...a minimalist one. (Only) two people on a beach is not something that you can see too often in Mallorca.
Ants in this world